Thomas M. Cusick
Thomas M. Cusick focuses his practice on complex family law negotiation and litigation. His pragmatic approach provides effective and efficient solutions for his clients. Tom believes in exploring all possibilities of resolving a matter outside of the courtroom. He is a strong proponent of negotiation and mediation. If litigation is unavoidable, Tom has significant first chair trial experience handling a variety of family law matters.
Tom’s practice encompasses all areas of family law including divorce, equitable distribution, child custody, child support, spousal support, support collection, negotiation and drafting of prenuptial, postnuptial, and divorce settlement agreements, business valuation, pension division, 401(k) and TSP distribution, and military retirement division. Tom is also experienced in resolving disputes between unmarried persons including paternity determinations and division of personal property.
- T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond (Cum Laude, 2008)
- Virginia Tech (2005)
- Virginia State Bar, 2008
- The Judges of the 23rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia - Roanoke City, Roanoke County, and the City of Salem 2008-2009
Professional Honors & Activities
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers in America®, Family Law (2018-2022)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star: Family Law (2018)
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association, Family Law Section