Thomas M. Cusick
Thomas M. Cusick is a dedicated attorney specializing in providing assistance to individuals and families facing intricate business, financial, and real property challenges. With a practical and results-driven approach, he strives to deliver effective and efficient solutions for his clients. Tom firmly believes in the value of exploring alternative avenues to resolve matters outside the courtroom, placing great emphasis on negotiation and mediation as powerful tools for conflict resolution. When litigation is unavoidable, Tom relies on a wealth of experience as a first chair trial attorney and is well-equipped to handle a diverse range of civil litigation and family law cases.
Tom’s expertise spans eminent domain, civil litigation, and all facets of family law, including divorce, equitable distribution, child custody, child support, spousal support, support collection, and the negotiation and drafting of prenuptial, postnuptial, and divorce settlement agreements. Tom's experience extends to complex areas such as business valuation, pension division, 401(k) and TSP distribution, and military retirement division. He also has proven experience in successfully resolving disputes between unmarried persons including paternity determinations and division of personal property.
Tom approaches each case with a deep commitment to achieving the best possible outcomes for his clients, ensuring their rights and interests are protected throughout the legal process.
- T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond (Cum Laude, 2008)
- Virginia Tech (2005)
- Virginia State Bar, 2008
- The Judges of the 23rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia - Roanoke City, Roanoke County, and the City of Salem 2008-2009
Professional Honors & Activities
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers in America®, Family Law (2018-2024)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star: Family Law (2018)
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association, Family Law Section