Our attorneys have many years of experience representing both buyers and sellers in the complex tax and business issues that arise in acquiring, selling, or merging a business.
Our representation covers all stages of a sale or acquisition or merger from the pre-acquisition or sale planning stage through negotiating letters of intent and acquisition, sale and merger agreements, and related documents to the closing or the transaction and thereafter with post closing issues.
Transactions and issues on which we regularly advise clients include:
- Structuring businesses for sale
- Asset purchases and sales
- Stock purchases and sales
- Mergers and consolidations
- Creation of Joint ventures
- Creation of subsidiaries and spin-offs
- Sales of controlling interests in corporations, partnerships, and LLCs
- Consulting, employment, and non-competition agreements arising in a transaction
- Owner Succession planning
- Employee ownership interests