Wm. Quinton Robinson
Quinton represents clients in business succession planning and agreements and estate planning for business owners and other individuals and related tax matters. He also deals with all aspects of 501(c)(3) and other tax exempt organizations including organization, obtaining and maintaining tax exempt status, and special tax and operational issues affecting exempt organizations.
Quinton has practiced law in Northern Virginia since 1983. His practice includes representation of businesses and individuals in all areas of business, transactional, corporate and partnership law, and state and federal tax law. His practice includes corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships; all aspects of business operation and transactions; business start-ups; ongoing operational issues, including employment agreements, shareholder agreements and operating agreements; regulatory compliance; commercial leasing; contracts; tax planning; franchises; mergers, reorganizations and acquisitions including the purchase and sale of businesses, acquisitions, stock and asset sales and purchases, and related real estate transactions and federal, state and local tax issues.
- William & Mary School of Law (Master of Law and Taxation, 1983)
- William & Mary School of Law (J.D., 1979)
- Duke University (cum laude, 1976)
- Virginia State Bar , 1979
- Eastern District of Virginia, 1983
- Western District of Virginia, 1984
- United States Tax Court, 1984
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1979
Professional Honors & Activities
- Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, VBA Business, Real Property, and Taxation Sections
- U.S. Army, JAGC, Captain (1979-1983)
- U.S. Army Reserve (1983-1989)
- Virginia State Bar Fifth District Disciplinary Committee, Section I (2005-2011)
- Represented $50 million service industry joint venture in negotiating, documenting, closing, roll-ups in operational issues.
- Represent large non-profit health care provider in various joint ventures and for profit subsidiaries.
- Represent $10 million home service company as general counsel.
- Represented numerous clients in negotiation and closing of roll-up acquisitions.
- Represent not-for-profit continuing care community in all aspects of legal work.
- Negotiated and settled numerous asset and stock sales and acquisitions.
- Organized local not-for-profits including filed for and obtained recognition of tax exemption from the Internal Revenue Service. Dealt with operational issue for nonprofit organizations.