Cynthia L. Santoni
Cynthia Santoni is a seasoned trial lawyer representing large and small health care institutions and individual physicians who have been accused of having committed medical malpractice. She regularly represents emergency physicians and emergency groups throughout Virginia. She is keenly aware that her clients have undergone a traumatic experience, and spends the time necessary to understand their needs, the facts in the case and the ramifications of any strategy.
Comfortable in a courtroom, she tries cases to verdict on a regular basis. She manages all phases of the litigation from the investigation, expert consultation, pleadings, mediation, arbitration and trial. She is licensed to practice in both the State and Federal Courts of Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. She is a member of the Fairfax Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Medical Malpractice Section. Having more than 30 years of experience as a trial lawyer, she has additionally been lead counsel in numerous complex litigation matters outside of the health care realm, including mass torts, general liability, FELA matters and construction.
- George Mason University School of Law (1983)
- George Mason University (1980)
- Virginia State Bar
- Maryland State Bar
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeal, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Successfully defended a physician against claims of failure to perform prophylactic salpingooophorectomy, resulting in the plaintiff's ovarian cancer.
- Successfully defended a surgeon accused of negligently perforating the bowel, resulting in a near death experience by the plaintiff.