Wesley D. Allen
Wesley Allen’s practice focuses on civil litigation with an emphasis on education matters. Wesley has several years of insurance defense experience, where he represented both corporate and individual clients in civil matters in state and federal courts throughout the Commonwealth and in the District of Columbia. Wesley’s prior experience as an administrator at Rowan University provides him a unique insight as a former practitioner within a complex educational institution, which greatly benefits his current practice.
Wesley Allen has been an active member of the Fairfax Bar Association, the Prince William County Bar Association, and the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys (VADA). Wesley served on the Young Lawyers Section’s Board of Directors of the Fairfax Bar Association, and he has chaired the Automobile and Transportation Liability Section of the VADA.
Wesley has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Prior to joining Blankingship & Keith, Wesley graduated with a Master of Education from Harvard University, where he focused on the management, governance, and leadership of education administration. Wesley earned his law degree from the William & Mary School of Law, where he served as Managing Editor of the William & Mary Journal of Women and the Law, and he completed a clerkship with the Honorable Mary Grace O’Brien during her tenure on the Prince William County Circuit Court bench.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Council for Advancement & Support of Education, Member;
- Network for Academic Corporate Relations Officers, Member;
- Conference Planning Committee, Industry Subcommittee (2016-2017);
- Defense Research Institute, Member;
- Selected as 1 of 13 young attorney members to be sworn-in before the United States Supreme Court (2013)
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Member;
- Chair of the Auto & Transportation Section (2011-2012);
- Vice-Chair of the Auto & Transportation section (2010-2011);
- Member of the Long Range Planning Committee (2011-2013)
- Fairfax Bar Association, Member
- Member of the Young Lawyers’ Section Board of Directors (2010-2013);
- Philanthropy Co-Chair and Inter-Northern Virginia Young Lawyers’ Bar Associations’ Liaison (2011-2013);
- Stitt Cup Co-Chair (2012)
- Prince William County Bar Association, Member
- Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2013)
- Recognizing < 2.5% of Virginia young attorneys
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS:
- No “Im”putation of the Limits of John v. Im to Neuropsychological Testimony as to the Psychological Aspects of Physical Injury, published in the 2010 Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys Spring Session Seminar’s written materials.
- In Closing: The Improper Injection of Opinion during Closing Arguments and the Critical Importance of Contemporaneous Objection, 24 The Journal of Civil Litigation 131 (2012) – co-authored with Melissa H. Katz, Esq.
- Defending an Impartial Rule 4:10 Examination: Ethical and Professional Implications of a Third-Party Presence during IMEs, 24 The Journal of Civil Litigation 123 (2012) – co-authored with Alexander J. Conn, Esq.
- Speaker, “The Case of the ‘Immune Defendant’: An Analysis of Virginia Code § 38.2-2206(F).” – 2011 Spring Session of the Virginia Association of Defense Attorney’s Seminar.
- Co-Speaker, “iLawyer: There’s an App for That – Using the iPad as an Effective Litigation Tool.” – 2011 Virginia Association of Defense Attorney Annual Meeting (with John D. McGavin, Esq.)
- Community theatre productions with VpStart Crow (Prince William County), the Reston Community Players; and the Arlington Players
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Volunteer
- Kiwanis Club – Prince William County Battlefield Chapter (2008-2010)
- Capitol Envtl. Servs v. North River Ins. Co., United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Record No. 11-1326 (on brief)
- Barber v. Wakole, Supreme Court of Virginia, Record No. 102176 (on brief)