Sarah E. Hall, Retired
While in active practice with the firm for 35 years, Sarah Hall developed a broad based commercial real estate practice with an emphasis on land use, rezoning and development. Sarah's extensive experience included processing land use applications (rezonings, special exceptions, special permits) in Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, and other Northern Virginia jurisdictions. In her land use and transactional work, she represented commercial and residential developers, businesses with real estate interests, and a number of non-profit organizations including hospitals, nursing homes, churches, schools, and volunteer fire departments.
Sarah joined the firm in 1981 and took Senior Counsel status in 2016. Sarah is now retired from the active practice of law but remains a valued resource to attorneys at the firm.
- Obtained land use approvals for medical care facilities and hospital expansion.
- Participated in the negotiation of a ground lease of a major office park for a Fortune 500 company.
- Obtained land use approvals for mixed use development in historically sensitive area.
- Represented property owner in rezoning 18 acres in Reston area for residential development, subdividing the rezoned property, and selling the property to a builder.
- Represented purchaser in conducting due diligence investigation, obtaining acquisition financing, and purchasing 5-story office building with retail space in Old Town, Alexandria.
- Represented property owner in rezoning property in Fairfax County, Virginia to permit approximately 300,000 square foot office complex.
- Worked with sanitation authority in revising its regulations, the result being that client, the owner of a large-scale retirement community, realized significant savings in connection fees for each of its high rise buildings.
- Represented many churches in purchasing property, obtaining necessary land use approvals, resolving development issues related to site plan approval, and obtaining acquisition and construction financing.
- Represented several families in selling property to developers, contingent upon rezoning.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in obtaining industrial zoning in the face of significant opposition.
- Represented applicants for land use approvals in meetings with civic associations and in hearings before local authorities for such uses as medical care facilities, retail establishments, concrete plants, service stations, schools, fast food restaurants, automobile dealerships, gyms, hotels, banks, nursing homes, retirement communities, riding academies, and recreational center.
- Represented numerous clients in refinancing commercial properties such as shopping centers, motels, and office buildings.
- Drafted leases for office space (including medical offices), retail space, telecommunication equipment; long-term ground lease with a retirement home developer.
- Represented school in negotiating contract for purchase of multi-building commercial property, conducting due diligence investigation, obtaining acquisition financing, and negotiating lease back of one building to seller.